Thursday, August 27, 2009

Album of the Week: Making Movies

Making Movies
Dire Straits

Making Movies is the third album released by Dire Straits, it was released on the 17th of October 1980.

Track listing:

1. Tunnel of Love
2. Romeo and Juliet
3. Skateaway
4. Expresso Love
5. Hand in Hand
6. Solid Rock
7. Les Boys

Why I Chose This:
I heard this album many times when I was about 13 years old. My stepdad used to play it a lot on the weekends when he'd be driving my step brother and I out to ride dirt bikes. I really liked it then, and it was only a couple of years ago that I thought I'd listen to it again. I gained a new appreciation for it, Mark Knopflers vocals and guitar playing is just so infectious. You'll know from the very first track, Tunnel of Love (which happens to be an 8 minute epic) that this is album is purely and simply great rock music.

- Dogman

2 comments:

  1. Cool album, has a unique sound. brings back flashes of my childhood with my dad playing alot of dire straits. Last song is pretty funny with how much it stands out

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel bad cos I have only heard this 3 times in three weeks. My excuse is that it was first time we did 2 albums and if you add up the 6-7 times i heard Hendrix it was 10, which is my usual AotW count.
    Anyways I love the first two songs and will continue listening and posting my thoughts up here (unlike you guys)

    ReplyDelete